Friday, October 31, 2008

to break the silence

The last couple of weeks have been sort of a roller coaster of emotions and worries for Alex and I as we have been getting closer and closer to the end of our three month "tourist stay" in France. After three months, we become illegal aliens and after trying this whole time to get our visas, we've only confirmed that it is impossible to do in France. Donc, il faut retourner aux Etats-Unis. In order for me to get my visa I have already booked my flight home. I'll be landing in Pittsburgh on the 10th of November and then leaving a week later on the 17th. I'm lucky enough that my family is willing and able to advance me the money out of my pay for the round trip ticket. This quick trip home means minus almost two months of pay for me, so if anyone wants to buy me lunch while I'm in America it would be much appreciated. Alex has a different solution but I'll let him disclose that himself as he sees fit.

In other news...

While waiting for the girls to come out of school I decided to buy a diet coke at the bakery. I walked in and said "je voudrais un coca light, une canette" which means " I would like a diet coke, a can" but she must've heard "beignette" instead of "canette" and so I accidentally orderred a doughnut.After paying, I said "merci" and left thinking there are worst things that could happen.

On a seperate occasion, I was in the Latin quater with some friends one night and I decide the best thing to do was get icecream as I've recently rediscovered icecream as the 8th wonder of the world (after being vegan for 6 years). So we find this the-bomb-gelatto-place where they make your icecream cone in the shape of a flower. So I get a mixture of amaretto and cherry and we all sit down to enjoy the good life. Moments later, a man enters covered in white paint holding a hat and a box. I think awesome a street performer is allowed in the icecream shop and sit back waiting for the show to start. The white statue then puts his box down, scoops all the change out of his hat and gets in line to get icecream. I was a bit dissappointed but I guess it was selfish of me to pressume that streetperformers are only good for giving a treat.

2 comments:

mom said...

I cant wait to see you Erika!!Bring a empty suitcase so we can get you all that you need.Dont worry we will all take care of you!!Love mom

Anonymous said...

YOUR MOM IS SO CUTE!

anyhow, i miss you and cannot wait for wednesday. btw get at me with some deets? how or where are we meeting? when? ahhh!

ps posting as anonymous cos im in hubbard and didnt feel like logging in.